HHF respects personal data privacy and is committed to fully implementing and complying with all the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486 (“the Ordinance”).
Handling of Job Applicants and Employees’ Personal Data
Types of Collected Personal Data
For job referral/recruitment purpose, job applicants will be required providing the following information:
- Contact details (e.g. address and phone number);
- Hong Kong Identity Card number;
- Bank account number;
- Previous employment and the relevant working experience; and
- Relevant academic qualifications and training certificates.
We may request additional information from the job applicants depending on the nature of the position being applied for.
The applicants have the duty to ensure all personal data they provide are accurate and complete. Provision of inaccurate information or withholding of requested information may:
- prevent us from making a job referral/an offer of employment;
- invalidate such referral/offer if the inaccuracy or omission is discovered after a referral/an offer has been made; or
- lead to termination of job referral/employment if the inaccuracy or omission is discovered after referral/employment has commenced.
For job referral/employment/human resources related purposes, job applicants/employees will be required providing additional information such as copy of Hong Kong Identity Card, bank account number and contact information of their immediate family members.
Use of Personal Data
In the recruitment and selection process, we will use job applicants’ personal data for the following purposes:
- Assessing the applicant’s suitability for the position being applied for;
- Assessing the applicant’s suitability for other positions available within HHF;
- Determining the remuneration and benefit;
- Verifying the applicant’s identity, academic qualifications and working experience (which may include seeking reference information from the applicant’s former/current employers); and
- Performing integrity checking (if applicable).
In the course of employment by HHF, personal data of job applicants/employees and their immediate family members (as appropriate) will be used for human resources purposes including salary payment, MPF or other provident fund’s contribution, taxation, provision of medical and other staff benefits, staff communication, training, performance management (e.g. appraisal, promotion, disciplinary actions), providing job references and providing information in compliance with legal requirements.
We may retain certain personal data of job applicants/employees when they cease to be employed by HHF. Such data are required for any residual employment-related activities, for examples:
- Maintain salaries’ tax records;
- Administer any remaining duties in respect of the former employee (and their family members, if applicable) under a pension, retirement or MPF scheme;
- Defend or claim for HHF under any civil or criminal legal action where the former employee is a party to that legal action; and/or
- Provide job references at the request of the former employee.
Disclosure of Personal Data
The personal data provided by job applicants/employees will be transferred to the authorized persons within HHF
- who are involved in the assessment of the applicants’ suitability for the positions applied for and/or other positions which may be available within HHF; or
- where the disclosure is necessary for the fulfillment of the human resources purposes as set out above.
Personal data of employees will also be transferred to third parties such as banks, MPF service providers, Inland Revenue Department in order to satisfy the human resources purposes as mentioned above.
Accuracy and Retention of Personal Data
We take practicable approaches to ensure the collected personal data and used by us are accurate. However, the accuracy of such personal data depends to a large extent on the information provided by our job applicants and employees. As such, please contact us as soon as possible if you want to correct/update your personal data provided.
In general, personal data of unsuccessful job applicants will be preserved for 12 months after rejection of application/the relevant job vacancy is filled up. Personal data of former employees may be keep up to 7 years from the date when the relevant employees ceased to be employed by HHF.
Security of Persaonl Data
We have established in place security measures and monitoring procedures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of the personal data. Access to records and data without appropriate authorization is strictly prohibited. Authorizations are granted only on a need-to-know basis that is commensurate with the individual’s job responsibility and training.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You may contact us to ascertain whether we hold your personal data, request a copy of your personal data or request correction of your personal data held by us. In relation to job applicants or employees’ personal data, please contact us by post at Unit 2202, 22/F, Causeway Bay Plaza 1, 489 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. You will be charged a reasonable fee for providing the copy of your personal data.